What to Wear to a Formal Event
Wondering what to wear to a formal event? We’ve broken down the best formal outfits for different types of formal occasions so you don’t have to worry about being over or underdressed! This is your official formal event styles guide. We’ll make sure you’re feeling beautiful and confident in whatever outfit you choose.
- Sunny Gleam Green Accordion Halter Maxi Dress
- It All Begins With Love Magenta Maxi Dress
- Found My Forever Pink One Shoulder Maxi Dress
Any kind of fundraiser event or charity gala calls for bold colors. Don’t worry about toning down your formal outfit. This is your opportunity to pull out those showstopping, stunning styles. Floor-length dresses are definitely going to be your go-to regardless of the hue you choose to wear.
- It All Begins With Love Pink/Orange Floral Maxi Dress
- Believe in Destiny Multi Floral Maxi Dress
- Found My Forever Navy Floral One Shoulder Maxi Dress
- Ocean Sunset Floral Ivory/Pink Maxi Dress
- Throughout Today Multi Floral Halter Neck Maxi Dress
The perfect excuse for to wear floral dresses! This is the time to bring out all those beautiful prints you've been wanting to wear. It's so fun to style these types of formal outfits with bright accessories and shoes.
- Nobody But Us Magenta Cutout Maxi Dress
- Happiest Moment Wine One Shoulder Wrap Skirt Dress
- Leaving Late Green Mesh Sleeve Square Neck Dress
- Darling Muse Magenta Satin One Shoulder Midi Dress
- Distracted Thoughts Magenta Satin Faux Wrap Midi Dress
- Save Your Memories Hunter Green Satin Cowl Neck Midi Dress
- Unexpected Invite Red Square Neck Midi Dress
Attending a gallery opening or art show allows you to be even more whimsy and trendy with the dress you choose to wear. You can get away with midi or knee length fits as well. The cut or body of the dress can also be less reserved or conservative. Don’t be afraid to be bold in your color choices for your formal outfits since you will be surrounded by artists and art aficionados.
- It All Begins With Love White Maxi Dress
- It All Begins With Love Black Dress
- Sunny Gleam Black Accordion Halter Maxi Dress
- Sunny Gleam White Accordion Halter Maxi Dress
- Passport Flight Blush V-Neck Maxi Dress
The go-to dress style for balls is definitely a-line style with a flowy skirt. As far as color choice is concerned for your formal outfit, you can never go wrong with elegant hues such as gold, champagne, white or any type of jewel tone.
- It All Begins With Love Pink Maxi Dress
- Sweet Magnolias Lilac Wrap Maxi Dress
- Found My Forever Blush One Shoulder Maxi Dress
Dressing for a formal wedding is all about going for more neutral hues and dresses that have amazing details so you are not pulling any attention away from the bride. Avoid solid white or ivory colors as well as elaborate prints in your formal outfits. We love wrap dresses or sheer layers for this type of occasion. High-neck dresses with a side slit are also stunning options.
- Happiest Moment Black One Shoulder Wrap Skirt Dress
- Sweet Symphony One Shoulder Leopard Black Dress
- Past And Present Black One Shoulder Bodycon Midi Dress
Ceremonies like a graduation or awards banquet may call for a more professional or classy statement, but that does not mean your dress needs to be boring. Think darker hues and neutrals with classic necklines or lengths. Truly timeless styles that you can wear for years to come.
Looking for more outfit inspo for your next wedding? Check out our Wedding Style Guide.