What to Wear to a Formal Event
Wondering what to wear to a formal event? We have listed the best formal outfits for various formal occasions. You don't need to worry about being under or overdressed! This is your official formal event styles guide. We’ll make sure you’re feeling beautiful and confident in whatever outfit you choose.
- Sunny Gleam Green Accordion Halter Maxi Dress
- It All Begins With Love Magenta Maxi Dress
- Found My Forever Pink One Shoulder Maxi Dress
Any kind of fundraiser event or charity gala calls for bold colors. Don’t worry about toning down your formal outfit. This is your opportunity to pull out those showstopping, stunning styles. Floor-length dresses are definitely going to be your go-to regardless of the hue you choose to wear.
- To Good To Be True Pink Retro Printed Maxi Dress
- Believe in Destiny Multi Floral Maxi Dress
- Always On The Sunny Side Orange Floral Halter Maxi Dress
The perfect excuse for to wear floral dresses! This is the time to bring out all those beautiful prints you've been wanting to wear. It's so fun to style these types of formal outfits with bright accessories and shoes.
- Distracted Thoughts Magenta Satin Faux Wrap Midi Dress
- Save Your Memories Hunter Green Satin Cowl Neck Midi Dress
- Unexpected Invite Red Square Neck Midi Dress
Attending a gallery opening or art show is a great opportunity to express yourself through fashion. You can be more whimsical and trendy with your outfit choice.
You can get away with midi or knee length fits as well. The cut or body of the dress can also be less reserved or conservative. Don't be scared to make a statement with your formal attire. You will be surrounded by creative people who appreciate art.
- It All Begins With Love White Maxi Dress
- Sunny Gleam Black Accordion Halter Maxi Dress
- Passport Flight Blush V-Neck Maxi Dress
The go-to dress style for balls is definitely a-line style with a flowy skirt. When choosing a color for your formal outfit, you can't go wrong with elegant hues. Gold, champagne, white, and any type of jewel tone are all great options.
Dressing for a formal wedding calls for more neutral and solid hues. Choose a dress with amazing details to avoid taking attention away from the bride. Avoid solid white or ivory colors as well as elaborate prints in your formal outfits. We love wrap dresses or sheer layers for this type of occasion. High-neck dresses with a side slit are also stunning options.
- Happiest Moment Black One Shoulder Wrap Skirt Dress
- Sweet Symphony One Shoulder Leopard Black Dress
- Can't Be Outdone Black Twist Detail Midi Dress
Ceremonies such as a graduation or awards banquets may require a more professional or classy look. However, this does not mean you have to sacrifice style. Think darker hues and neutrals with classic necklines or lengths. Truly timeless styles that you can wear for years to come.
Looking for more outfit inspo for your next wedding? Check out our Wedding Style Guide.